Since 1996, I have worked full time as a professional freelance translator from English and French into my native Italian for publishing and business.
I am certified as a qualified member of the Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters (AITI), which is a founding member of the Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs (FIT). From 2014 to 2018, I served as Vice President of AITI’s Piedmont and Valle d’Aosta Section. I translate from English and French for publishing agencies, multinational companies, professional firms, and associations on Italian and international markets.
My goal is constant improvement and growth, which spurred me in March 2019 to become one of the first translators in Italy to get certification under the UNI 11591:2015 standard (Register number: TRAINT2019-00073), successfully passing the evaluation and meeting the requirements for the professional role of Scientific Technical Translator.
I translate technical-scientific, journalism, training, and general texts from English and French into Italian. I have long had a powerful interest in technology, especially that used to protect the environment, which inspired me to specialize in the renewable energy sector.
My over twenty years of experience, continuing education, and specialization ensure the top-notch standards of my translations.
One of the first translators in Italy to get certification under the UNI 11591:2015 standard “Non-regulated professions – Qualified professionals operating in the field of translation and interpreting”.
Qualified Member of the Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti
Founded in 1950, AITI was the very first association of translators and interpreters in Italy and is the largest. It currently has over 1,000 members.
Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs
FIT (the Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs/International Federation of Translators) is an international grouping of associations of translators, interpreters and terminologists. More than 100 professional associations are affiliated, representing more than 80 000 translators in 55 countries.
Qualification and professional development
A professional translator should be committed to follow continuous professional development programmes, regardless of his or her academic background. Aiming at the continuous improvement of her professional level and development and providing customers with high-quality services, here following some of the seminars and workshop I attended:
- “Vincoli, svincoli e libertà vigilate: sulle traduzioni estreme”
- Co-organized by the Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Modern Cultures and the Department of Economic and Social Studies, Mathematics and Statistics “English in Italy. Translation and interpreting in educational and professional settings”
- “Aspettando l’EXPO – I traduttori e gli interpreti al servizi delle eccellenze francesi e italiane”
- “Global ethics and Equal Opportunities: Women’s Contribution to the Development of Europe and the Mediterranean” 2nd Intermediate Congress of the European Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations – EFUCA
- “La traduzione reader-oriented nei testi divulgativi e a carattere pubblicitario”
- “Il Valore del Talento: come esprimere al meglio se stessi e la propria professionalità”
- “Tra combinazioni lessicali e universali traduttivi – Dalla lingua “impacchettata” ai linguaggi controllati”
Professional translation services
I translate technical-scientific, journalistic, educational and informative texts in english and french to italian.
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2023 by Man Informatica